Giving Tuesday is an international day of giving that has become a global movement where we all come together to give back to the community. Every act of generosity counts no matter what it is. It could be giving a compliment, helping a stranger, lending a pen to your coworker, giving your seat to someone on a crowded bus, or helping those who are less fortunate.
We are proud to be a BC owned and operated company, and as part of our Giving Tuesday initiative we are supporting the local communities where we live and work. We have donated $34,420 to the charities below.
This year, our offices across BC are sponsors of many local charities and organizations:
- Kerrisdale and Vancouver Downtown offices donated to Save the Children. The organization helps children in nearly 120 countries around the world – including Canada. In Canada, they have programs such as, the national reconciliation, climate change, education, and health programs.
- Surrey, Delta, White Rock, and Langley offices donated to Options Community Services for their Christmas Hamper Program. The charity provides social services and promotes a healthy community.
- Tri-Cities, Coquitlam offices donated to Share Family and Community Services for their Holiday Food for Families & Holiday Toy Program as well as to Share Family and Community Services Imagine Gala. They provide leadership and programs for the Tri-Cities, New Westminster, and adjacent communities.
- Langley office donated to Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Langley. Through mentoring, all children and youth are given the tools they need to realise their greatest potential.
- Maple Ridge office donated to Maple Ridge Rotary. Their volunteers help members of the community who are in need.
- Parksville office donated to District 69 Backpack Program where the donations contribute to helping feed one family for one year. Parksville office held a Pet Photos with Santa session to raise money for the cause.
- Commercial and Property Management offices donated to several charities: Vancouver Chinatown Foundation (focused on revitalization of Chinatown and helping the less fortunate), Osteoporosis Canada (bone health education and awareness), and Dr. Peter Aids Foundation (promotes the well-being of people with HIV).
We’re #RealProud of our offices, agents and staff for their generosity and holiday spirit this season!
District 69 Backpack Program, https://www.district69backpackprogram.com
Dr. Peter Aids Foundation, https://www.drpeter.org/about/about-us
Osteoporosis Canada, https://osteoporosis.ca/about-us
Save the Children, https://www.savethechildren.ca/about-us
Vancouver Chinatown Foundation, https://www.chinatownfoundation.org/#OurProjects
Options Community Services, https://www.options.bc.ca/about-options-community-services/overview
Share Family and Community Services, https://sharesociety.ca/about-us
Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Langley, https://langley.bigbrothersbigsisters.ca/about-us/