Real Estate is a people business and these are our people. Meet our leadership charting a course for Macdonald.
Lynn Hsu, CEO of Macdonald Real Estate Group, started her real estate career in 1985. From 1987 through 1989, Lynn was the #1 salesperson for Western Canada at a large, national real estate firm, ranking in the top 3 for all of Canada for combined residential/commercial real estate sales during those years. In 1990, Lynn bought Macdonald Realty, then only a single office in Vancouver’s Westside.
Since that time she has expanded the company, growing it to 20 offices throughout British Columbia, with nearly 1,000 staff and sales associates, turning the operation into a true full-service real estate company.
Over her career, Lynn has been honoured many times for her achievements. These include:
- Best Multi-Family Low Rise Development, Georgie Awards, 2017
- The Most Powerful in Residential Real Estate – 2017 (Swanepoel Power 200) – Rank # 104
- The Most Powerful in Residential Real Estate – 2016 (Swanepoel Power 200) – Rank # 105
- The Top 20 Women Leaders in Residential Real Estate – 2016 (Swanepoel Power 200)
- BC Business 50 Most Influential Women in BC – 2015 (BC Business)
- The Largest Company Owned by a Woman in BC — 2008 to 2015 (Business in Vancouver)
- Global Alliance Award for Most Outgoing Cross Border Referral – 2012 to 2015 (LeadingRE)
- The largest brokerage company in Western Canada – 2009 (Real Trends)
- Person of the Year in Chinese-Canadian Business Award – 2007
- Canadian Business Top 100 Canadian Women Entrepreneur Award – 2006 – Rank # 8
- Canadian Business Top 100 Canadian Women Entrepreneur Award – 2004 – Rank # 11
- Taiwanese Canadian Entrepreneur Award
- Overseas Chinese Achievement Award
- 40 Under 40 Achievement Award for Entrepreneurs in BC
Dan has been with Macdonald Realty in many different facets of the organization since 2006.
Dan was a successful residential and commercial agent, selling over $50 million in his first year in sales and earning an Award of Excellence or Sales Achievement Award in each of the following 4 years.
In 2010, Dan moved into management as VP of Corporate Strategy/Operations, where he’s been instrumental in helping the organization grow to its current size of over 20 offices and over 1,000 agents and staff. From 2014 – 2018, Dan lived in Shanghai, China, where he single-handedly established and managed Macdonald’s very successful office (branded the Canadian Real Estate Investment Centre).
Dan has a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) degree from Queen’s University and is fluent in Chinese (Mandarin).
In January of 2019 Dan was named as President of Macdonald Real Estate Group.